Our School Council Representatives for 2018-2019 are:
Pipits - George Masson & Willow Barrett
Bramblings - Seb Lee-Billinghurst & Ruby Wheatley
Skylarks - Sammy Blundell & Ava Sayers
Nightingales - Sidney Parker & Penelope King
Falcons - Anthony Morris & Yvie Linden
At Mayfield Primary School we believe it is important that the children feel part of the school community and that their opinions and ideas are valued. Pupils have the opportunity to have their voices heard through School Council Meetings. The members of school council are elected by a class vote of one boy and one girl; these children then represent their class and bring forward suggestions from their other classmates. School council meet with Mrs Smith once a fortnight at lunch time and may meet additional lunchtimes when required.
What do the school council do:
- Listens to the views and concerns of other pupils.
- Raises these views and concerns at the school council meeting.
- Come up with ideas to help improve the school and make decisions.
- Makes decisions about fundraising ideas for the school and charities.
- Suggest ways to improve the life of the school and contribute to the local and wider community.
- Organising whole school events.
This year we have already thought about ways to change the end of play/lunch lining up procedure and our new way is working well.
We have also raised money for ‘Children in Need’ by collecting coins to fill in Pudsey Bear.