Our School Council Representatives for 2020-2021 are:
Pipits - Ely Cranch and Ruby Duvall
Bramblings - Barney Legon and Aria Patel
Skylarks - William Pearce and Ellie Balsdon
Kingfishers - Archie Girling-Evans and Sophie Saunders
Nightingales - Thomas Glasson and Hilda Cooper
Falcons - Hugo Crisp and Faith Morson
At Mayfield Primary School we believe it is important that the children feel part of the school community and that their opinions and ideas are valued. Pupils have the opportunity to have their voices heard through regular School Council Meetings. The members of the school council are elected by a class vote; these children then represent their class and bring forward suggestions from their other classmates. The School Council meet with Mrs Smith once a fortnight at lunch time and may have additional meetings when required.
What does the School Council do:
- Listen to the views and concerns of other pupils.
- Raise views and concerns at the School Council meeting.
- Discuss ideas to help improve the school community.
- Make decisions about fundraising ideas for the school and charities.
- Suggest ways to improve the life of the school and contribute to the local and wider community.
- Organise whole school events.
Last year School Council organised raising money for 'Children in Need'. They have listened to ideas from other children in the school about becoming more environmentally friendly so we now collect crisp packets, batteries and pens for recycling and have made everyone aware of the correct bins to use in the classroom. They also decided on having an 'attendance gorilla' with each class giving ideas for names which the School Council then chose. This year Mrs Moore will also be joining us for School Council meetings and we look forward to hearing the ideas the pupils bring to these meetings.
Term 1 -
- School council reps were voted for in each class.
- It has been a quiet term due to the Covid restriction where we can not mix bubbles so the usual school council meetings have been unable to go ahead.
- We have a box in each classroom that children can write ideas on for the school and the school council reps check this regularly.
Term 2 -