Mayfield has a smart but comfortable school uniform which every child is expected to wear. The children are encouraged to take pride in wearing their uniform and representing the school as well as being responsible for taking care of their own and others’ property.
Jewellery (other than a small pair of stud earrings) and nail varnish is not allowed. It is expected that earrings are removed for PE sessions.
Please note that all items of uniform and personal possessions must be named.
For information on how to order school uniform, please click here.
Winter Uniform to be worn in Terms 2, 3 and 4
- Grey skirt, pinafore dress or grey school trousers
- Grey tights with skirts/dresses or grey socks with trousers
- White polo shirt (KS1) or white shirt (KS2)
- Royal blue and gold tie (Key Stage 2 only. Y3 and Y4 may wear an elasticated tie)
- Royal blue ‘V’ neck jumper or cardigan with school logo
- Black shoes (boots, trainers, heeled or slip on shoes are unsuitable)
- Blue, black or brown hair ties or hair clips. Plain designs only, no Alice bands.
Summer Uniform to be worn in Terms 1, 5 and 6
Grey shorts with grey socks, light blue checked dress with white socks or as winter uniform with a white short sleeved shirt and a tie. In extremely hot weather, the class teacher will give permission for children to remove their ties.
School baseball cap for outside (optional)
- Drawstring bag which can be hung from a peg.
- White T shirt (T-shirts with a logo can be ordered)
- Navy shorts or skorts.
- Plimsolls (Reception and KS1) or sport trainers (fashion trainers are unsuitable) for outdoor PE.
- Optional navy blue jogging bottoms for outdoor winter use.
Swimming (KS2 only)
- Blue swimming cap
- One piece costume or swimming trunks (not Bermuda style shorts)
- Pair of goggles
- Waterproof bag
All Reception and KS1 children will need a school book bag as these are easily stored in the classroom. Book bags need to be brought into school each day.
Children in KS2 may bring a small rucksack style bag.
An apron or painting shirt is required by all children for artwork.
Blue Fleece with school logo for outdoor use only – this is optional.
Please note that this is not an alternative to the school jumper/cardigan.