Nightingales Term 1
The Alchemy Lab
Ways to support your child further
- Please ensure that the children are wearing correct school uniform at all times. A full list of school uniform requirements are on listed on the school website. Please follow this link: http://www.mayfieldcep.e-sussex.sch.uk/about-us/uniform
- All children need to have a labelled water bottle in school that they can keep in the classroom with them.
- The children are encouraged to bring a fruit/vegetable snack in to eat at playtime. Having a healthy snack mid-morning helps them to maintain their focus on learning and ensures they do not become too hungry before lunchtime.
- Support your child in completing their homework weekly.
- Encourage your child to read daily and discuss the stories they read with them. The children continue to need a reading book in school with them every day.
- http://www.crickweb.co.uk/ks2literacy.html - there are a range of games for the children to play to support them with all aspects of English
- Support your child in learning their times tables up to 12x.
- Encourage them to use maths in everyday contexts such as time and money.
- http://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/hit-the-button -times tables facts