Pipits - Term 4
This term our Learning Journey is 'Rumble in the Jungle'
Pipits' Class School Closure Work - from Friday 20th March 2020
Remember to have fun with your learning!
Want to stay in touch with each other and Miss O'C while school is closed? Log in to Purple Mash, click on sharing, shared blogs and Pipits Class Blog to send a message to us all!
Each day, try to do some reading/phonics learning, some Maths (2D and 3D shape focus) and something else of your choice!
You may find you are doing more than this or less than this, that is fine, just do your best!
Below you will find a number of different ideas for tasks. Select some to complete over the school closure period.
You could use the resources provided or explore this in a different way if you would like! - Please note: Some activities will be links to the resources.
Anything written in Purple will have related activities or games on Purple Mash (going live on Friday 20th March 2020) - Use the children's normal login and click on 2 Do. Remember, these tasks can be completed in a different way rather than Purple Mash if you would prefer.
- Phase 5 flash cards - you could read these, play a game with them and sound button them.
- Alien word flash cards - Part of Phonics is children being able to read incorrect words - use these in a similar way to the flash cards above.
- Common exception words - words that are tricky to spell and are used frequently in the English language. Try to complete the booklet attached. Can you use these words in sentences and write them correctly?
- For fun Phonics games online log in to Phonics Play - They have a free login throughout school closures - Username: march20 Password: home
- Continue to read your school reading books and select some books from home to read. Ask Mummy or Daddy to add all of these in to your reading record.
- Try writing some book reviews - Remember it is good to do these about books you both enjoyed and books you did not enjoy so much.
- Create a comic strip for your reading book.
- What about a postcard from a character in your book to another character?
- Practise answering questions about non-fiction, fiction or poems.
- Continue with your great story writing! 2Create a Story may help you with this.
- You could plan a story using a story mountain or look on twinkl to find different examples for story planning.
- Want to continue with handwriting? - Look on Purple Mash for example letters to support you.
- You could write a diary about your time at home or if you are starting a project like growing some plants you could keep a diary all about this. Again, look on twinkl for templates to support this.
- Properties of 2D shapes
- Easter Chick shapes
- Adding and subtracting snakes and ladders game
- Want to explore lots of the maths we have learned this year. Try completing this Spring Maths Booklet
- Shape - explore both 2D and 3D shapes at home. What can you see? Can you describe their properties?
- Addition and Subtraction - Try completing the following work book.
- Plants and animal uses - What do we use plants and animals for in our world? Do they have more than one use?
- Human body labelling
- Jungle animal drawing - Have a go at drawing some of your favourite animals that we would find in the jungle
- Packing an explorers backpack - If you were going to the jungle, what would you take with you and why?
Term 4 - Overview